CA Certified performs Low Cost Mold Investigations, Testing, and Consulting for Initial Investigation and Post-remediation (clearance) Inspections. Our focus is determining the existence of indoor mold growth, type of mold, and the airborne mold spore concentration; we want to know what you and your family are breathing. We do a complete mold investigation of your home, rental property, school, or business. We are designed to identify sources and instances of moisture intrusion and to detect mold. Our findings, conclusions, recommendations, and digital color photographs are assembled into a complete written report. We use the best moisture detection instruments, digital hygrometers, Zefon Bio Pumps and Zefon Air-O-Cells (for airborne mold spore samples).
Primary types of lab samples that we recommend to test for mold:
- Ambient airborne mold spore samples (air in the breathing space of a room)
- Wall cavity air samples (air inside of a ceiling or wall cavity)
- Surface (direct) samples (swab, bulk materials, tape lift)
Our clients are often surprised by the qualifications we present to them:
- Certified Mold Inspector
- Certified IAC2 Consultant
- Certified NACHI Inspector
- Certified Air Consultant
- Certified Infrared Inspector
- CSLB Licensed Contractor
Certified. Knowledgeable. Dedicated.
If the mold inspection of your property detects a mold problem, we will write a “scope of work” that outlines how the mold should be professionally remediated. This scope of work document can be provided to companies that specialize and focus on professional mold remediation services. Once the mold has been completely and properly remediated, the Mold Inspector will perform a post inspection and testing to ensure that:
- All mold remediation containments are properly built and dust and debris free,
- All mold growth is thoroughly cleaned and/or removed,
- All related building materials are dry,
- There are no current water leaks or intrusion, and
- Airborne ambient mold spore samples and cross contamination samples collected meet accepted guidelines for clearance.
Components We Inspect
A mold inspection,” according to IAC2’s standards, “is a non-invasive visual examination of a building to identify and report on conditions that have led to water intrusion, water damage and conditions conducive to microbial growth. The inspection shall be not limited to if a full or limited inspection:
- Basement, Foundation, Crawlspace & Structure
- Attic, Insulation & Ventilation
- Doors, Windows & Interior